Saturday, January 18, 2014

What about EDM310?

EDM310 seems to be an interesting class. I can say with confidence that this is the first time I have heard of this class, though at Auburn University I did not take any Education Major classes. I have, however, taken a similar class, in which we did detailed work with Twitter and Instagram. Like many classes I have taken, I am fearful that amount of work will overwhelm me. I haven't been in school for the past two years, so I'm a bit rusty. This should not be a problem if I keep myself focused on the goal, but I have to find a nice flow with my classes to ensure the work load doesn't get to ridiculous.

Dr. Strange seems like some of my other professors, he's tough but fair. Since I have not heard the horror stories of this class, or him, I did not have a predetermined idea on this class. Now that I think about it though, I do not think I will have too much trouble with this class. At Auburn, I took a Mythology class in which the professor told us that 30% of the class was up to us. We had to choose our projects and take a more active role in what we learned. In his mind, since we were dealing with what we learned directly, we would retain the knowledge easier and faster.

This class, as it stands now, will help me get over my procrastination, or at the least for this class.....haha.

Overcoming Procrastination

2 comments:

  1. I think it is a good thing to be going into this class not knowing what to expect. The only thing I knew was that this class required a lot of time! Also, I believe that this class will help with my problem of procrastination as well. My goal for this class is to stay on top of my assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...In his mind, since we were dealing with what we learned directly, we would retain the knowledge easier and faster." I agree.

    ReplyDelete