Thursday, January 16, 2014

Practice Post

My name is Gregory C. Olson, and it is enjoyable to be back in school. I was born in Pensacola, but grew up around the Mobile area. Though I actually live close to Lucedale, MS, most of my time and energy is spent here. My High School is actually pretty close, as I went to Faith Academy off of Tanner Williams Road. I have already gotten a degree in English from Auburn University. That took a little longer then I expected, seven years in fact! Part of it was due to my own laziness, but that was amplified due to a tragedy that occurred in my family. During my Freshman year my mother passed away, and that sent me into a spiral of depression.

I was able to pull myself out of the rut and found a passion in not only the literature aspect of English, but also gaming. It was during my time in the English department that I discovered that teacher, in both college and grade school, have been looking at ways to use gaming (mostly video games) as a way of teaching. This is one of the things that got me interested in Education. I love introducing people to new stories, and the realm of video gaming is getting to the point that the stories portrayed in them are on the same level as those in books. Back when I did my initial research into this it was still a small field, though it has recently gained momentum in not only the school, but also in the work place.

Gamification

Key Trends that intersect the pillars of gaming

No comments:

Post a Comment